Referee Certification for 2020 has a new process. If over 13 years old and interested in becoming a referee, please click on each of the files and follow the instructions accordingly.
If over 18, you will be required to complete a background check as well as complete a sexual harassment course. See documents for further instructions.
Highlight of process:
1) Create a profile/account through US Soccer https://Learning.ussoccer.com/referee
2) If 18 or older, you must complete background check and Safe Sport training first.
3) Prior to in-person session, referee certification courses must be completed online. The online work is time consuming, so complete these courses as soon as possible.
4) Once completed all the required online courses, you then be required to take a certification quiz.
5) Once courses & online quiz complete, you will then be eligible to attend an in-person clinic.
6) In-person clinics are held in specific locations throughout Illinois on select days/times. You must register in advance – spaces fill up fast too.
Click here to see all locations
Nearest locations include:
Huntley, Feb 23rd
Libertyville, Feb 23rd
Schaumburg, Mar 7th
If you have any questions regarding the referee certification process, please contact Andy Panagopoulos at email@example.com